Congratulations! You’re IN!
Here’s What To Do Right Now…
Making Flight Arrangements:
If you’re flying in for the bootcamp, you want to fly into Austin Bergstrom Airport, arriving on Friday, Sept. 29th, preferably before 3:30pm CST.
- Upon arrival and retrieving any bags, proceed to the “Fara Sky Bar” located near Checkpoint 1 (up the stairs above the Fara Cafe; see picture) and look for me (Jeff) or hang out until I arrive.
- We’ll transport you from the airport to the Bootcamp Retreat (about an hour away) so you won’t need to worry about getting to the event upon landing. Your shuttle will be leaving the airport at about 4pm so, again, please try to arrive far enough in advance to make the shuttle departure time.
- Our workshop will end on Sunday, Oct 1st at about 2 or 3pm Central so we recommend a flight departure time Sunday evening after about 7pm if possible. However, if you need an earlier flight, we will make arrangements to transport you to the airport in enough time to accommodate your needs.
Driving To The Event?
The event will be held in Woodcreek, TX at Camp Young Judaea:
It’s a little tricky getting to the Camp, so a GPS will help. (Note that the retreat center is in the town of “Woodcreek”, but the address for it is actually “Wimberley”.)
What To Bring With You:
We’ll provide all the training gear and safety equipment you’ll need. Here’s a suggested list of other items you should bring with you:
- 3 days of clean, loose-fitting clothing (Shorts are ok, but suggest loose “tactical” pants or BDU’s for protection and maneuverability.)
- Short-sleeved shirts (We’ll mostly be indoors, but it’s hot in Texas.)
- Athletic shoes
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- Refillable water bottle
- Small towel for training (we won’t be doing anything intensely physical, but it’s good to have a small towel to wipe away any sweat anyway)
- Personal hygiene products
- Shower shoes
- Bathroom towel
Training Event Agenda:
Generally speaking… we’ll begin our training after dinner on Friday evening with a few hours of classroom foundational information so we can hit the ground running Saturday morning.
Saturday will be training all day with our foundational weapons platform – the machete. We’ll begin right after breakfast and go until about 5:00pm when we break for dinner.
(Note: For NWPA members, we have a special surprise dining event planned for you Saturday evening. If you’re not an NWPA member, you can check it out and sign up for $1 here…)
Sunday, we’ll begin training again first thing in the morning after breakfast – applying what we’ve learned to additional weapons that you’ll realistically find in a survival scenario. We’ll end the day at about 2:30pm with shuttle service back to the airport for those who require it.
Want To Start Your Training Early?
Go ahead and right-click here to download a free copy of the Combat Machete Quick-Start Training Manual…
This will give you some of the basics we’ll be starting with so you can at least get your head in the game.
In addition, if you don’t already have a copy of our “Combat Machete” DVD’s, I highly recommend at least get a copy of our “Basic” Combat Machete DVD here…
Both the Beginner and the Advanced DVD’s are my personal favorites of all the work I’ve ever done in over 30 years in the tactical industry. I promise you’ll love the information you’ll find on both these DVD’s and it will greatly short-cut your skill development at the event.
We’ll be sending out more information (agenda, updates, etc.) but if you have any questions at all, feel free to get in touch with my Assistant, Kim at [email protected]. Also, here’s my cellphone number if you need to contact me during your travel: (512) 696-8813
I look forward to training with you!
Modern Combat & Survival